Walking to Lluc
The 39th edition of the annual Pujada a Lluc a Peu from towns of Mallorca will take place on 8th/9th September. This year the Consell has contributed €20,000 of the €28,000 costs to ensure the event runs smoothly and safely. Vice President Jurado said of the event, “The Consell de Mallorca continues to support the activities that promote the sense of community and ‘Mallorquiness’. The increase in popularity of the ‘Part Forana’ to Lluc on foot will be a great success thanks to the organization and planning by the Association of Antics Blavets.” This association has been the organiser of the annual walk since it began.
Llorenç Gelabert of the organising committee stressed that this year there are more towns joining, including a group from Palma that joined when the Güell to Lluc was cancelled.
Inca is the official exit and where the starting point is for towns located further out.
- For those in Pollensa, meet at the Football field Can Escarrintxo at 2.30am
- From Alcudia, a bus leaves the bus station at the port at 2.15am, old town at 2.30am to leave for the official starting point in Inca
- Buger: Meet at the plaza de la Constitucio at 3.30am
- Campanet: meet at the Plaza Major at 4am
- Santa Margalida & Can Picafort: meet at the Placa de la Vila at 12am
Here's the full list of departures and contact numbers: